Posted to alt.home.repair
R. F. Duffer R. F. Duffer is offline

Default Recommend cordless phone that will work during power failure?

RickH wrote:
Can anyone recommend a cordless phone system that will work during a
power failure? I guess the base unit would have to have a battery as
well as the handsets. I checked the Staples and OfficeMax big box
office supply stores, but all their phones fail in a power outage as
none have base-unit batteries.

Frankly I think it should be against the law to sell a cordless phone
that wont work in a power outage, but thats beside the point.

Has anyone seen a base-battery cordless phone system readily available
from the usual big box stores in the US?

I imagine there are a few with battery backups, but you would have to
look around. Try an Internet search. It can find things for you.

Cell phone is one option. Second option is to have a real land-line
telephone that plugs directly into the jack. You can keep this phone
hidden and out of site when you have power. They also come in handy
when your telephone service goes bad and you want to determine if it is
an outside or inside problem by plugging the real land-line telephone
into the network interface box.