Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charlie E. Charlie E. is offline

Default Funny problem with TV - menus going crazy!

Hi All,
The guys at SED suggested I post here for some advice from the
experts.

I have a Zenith A25B33W TV that is doing funny things. The menus pop
up, and start going through themselves at random. If I have the
remote in my hand, I can cancel them, but then a few moments later,
they pop up again. It doesn't seem the be the remotes, because I have
removed the batteries, and the menus keep popping up. I have even
covered the IR port on the TV, and that doesn't stop it.

So, any suggestions? I had one suggestion that it might be a bad LV
power supply causing flakey voltages on the logic board. I don't want
to open it up, until I know what I am looking for. This set has given
flawless performance for almost 10 years, so I hate to have to replace
it.

Thanks,
Charlie