Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default The NEW Drill Press

"Leon" writes:
You should have seen my son and I mounting the 4.5hp
220 volt Baldor motor to the Laguna band saw. He had to hold the motor up
about 20" off the floor and keep it properly clocked while I on the other
side of the saw screwed the bolts in and hold the belt out of the way. The
motor probably weighed close to 100 lbs. and makes the 3 hp motor on the
planer and TS look small by compairison.

Hm. When I got my LT16, they had shipped two 4x4 blocks of wood that were
the perfect length to support the motor while I bolted it to the frame.

scott