Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] alan200@iinet.net.oz is offline

Default OT -- Small Cars Are Dangerous Cars - Fuel economy zealots can kill you

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 14:33:14 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

I sure wouldn't buy a brand new anything nowadays. What I
don't want in a vehicle; no airbags, anti-skid/traction
crap, air conditioning, tire air pressure monitor/alarm,
Onstar... I'm sure there must be a few more things I can't
think of right now too. Most likely if I have to replace my
old 1982 truck someday it will be with something else old.

I certainly cannot afford a new vehicle but any replacement I buy
must have airconditioning - there is nothing worse than a stinking
hot car on a 40+C/103+F day. Currently a 93 Patrol.