Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Anyone ever hear of "hard dirt"?

In article ,
Major Debacle wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

Even properly installed and compacted DG can get weak if it gets too
wet. I hope the rainy season doesn't cause problems for your client.

Thanks for heads up on that, Smitty. I read that somewhere, but you put
me on alert for a possible problem. I will pass this on to lady involved
and have her call me if rain causes the DG to weaken.

Here's some pics I took of the finished product:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36692640@N03/3481783509/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36692640@N03/3481782713/

Looks great. I don't know how a car tire compares to a horse hoof, but
definitely keep the horses off it if it gets real wet (damhik)... with
the slope though, it might never be an issue.