Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Neighbor's dead tree is leaning against my oak and threatening to fall on my property

"The Ranger" wrote in message
Joe wrote in message
== Neighbor's Fallen Tree ==
I'm on good terms with this neighbor [..]

So are you going to _pay_ to have the work done or are you going to do it
yourself?

If you are going to pay for it to be done, then find out how much the
job's going to cost and simply tell the neighbor, "To take that dead wood
away, the contractor's willing to charge me $X. Your portion will be $Y."
If he balks, then you can tell him that the weekend clean-up for your
neighborhood is on so-and-such-weekend and you'll help move it to his curb
that weekend."

If you are thinking of doing it yourself, then ask for his help (unless
you think he's the widow-maker) as a form of payment. We do this all the
time in my neighborhood. It's driving the tree-trimmers nuts but it allows
most of us to relive our Yout' by climbing limbs and stepping out from the
top-step pruning ladders.

The Ranger

Of course, whatever annoyingly huge chunks end up in the neighbor's yard
would be his to deal with. Gigantic chunks that the trash company won't take
away unless they charge extra. Probably requires renting a dumpster.

Or, the neighbor can negotiate.