Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT -- Small Cars Are Dangerous Cars - Fuel economy zealots cankill you

Gerald Miller wrote:

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:48:21 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gee. The best I ever got was when the owner of a bunch of dump
trucks who hauled for an asphalt plant was when he delivered two free
truckloads of hot asphalt for our shop's parking lot. It had been paved
with slag from the local steel mill and he was always complaining about
the dust, so we told him, "If you don't like it, do something about
it!" He did!

I hope it wasn't like the Church Men's Club that decided to pave the
parking lot by hand and refused to listen to advise from the driver
who delivered their load of paving mix and insisted that he dump the
load in the middle of the area so they could spread it with shovels
and rakes, and compact it with a water filled lawn roller.

We spread it with shovels, and used a power roller we rented for $75
to compact it. It took about three hours and saved us over $1000.