Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for Long Life Pilot Lamp

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:35:22 -0400, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

frank1492 wrote:

What a great list of suggestions! Thanks to all. Hmmm, now which one
to choose???
BTW I wasn't planning to have the neighbor check daily. I would
call them to check just before I was planning to come down.
As for their power being on and mine not, it could happen. I
agree odds wouldn't favor it, but this is a heavily pine-treed area.
Thanks again for all your great ideas. At present (although I
love the novelty of the relay idea) I am favoring an always-on LED of
some sort.
Will check HD.
Frank

Well if that's all you want to do just install a line powered phone
answering machine at your place and call it when you're curious about
the power. If it answers, the power must be on.

That scheme was described in a recent Car Talk "Puzzler".

Jeff

But he has NO PHONE at the cottage.
A Cell dialler perhaps? Assuming he has cell coverage. MANY cottages
do not.