Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Grayco spray pattern problem

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 04:44:01 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On Apr 27, 10:47*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
I've got a grayco airless sprayer, the 900 series magnum, and it seems
to not spray right. *I've tried a couple of new tips, and had the
pressure from low to high. What i'm getting is a good spray pattern the
width it should be, but then a gap and a stripe on each side of the
pattern. *I'm at my wits end, i've had close to a hundred gallons of
different brands of paint through this thing in the year and a half i've
had it and it worked great until the last 25 gallons or so. *I'm
beginning to wonder if there's anyway the nozzle itself (where the tip
goes in) could affect the pattern.

thanks

steve

Are you sure they are new tips, is there any way the pack could have
been opened and resealed, because after spraying myself 3-400 gallons
with my titan thats what it sounds like. You can blow out a tip fast
with higher pressure, in less than 1 hr with some product. Grayco
would know more.

Anything change in the last 25 gallons? Not mixed well, strained well
or *buggers* in the paint. Change in viscosity or such?

"New tips" the same size and number....