Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default pressure washing stucco?

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:44:10 -0600, "Jimi"
wrote:

Has anyone ever put their pressure washer to exterior stucco? I have a
shop in my back yard that is white stucco that's turning drab (built in
about 1985). I was going to spray paint it but am told to leave it "raw" and
try washing it... anyone ever done this? Thanks... Jim

Yes.

What kind of texture is the stucco? I have a heavy knock down type and
the makes it easy knock small chips off (avoided with distance and
care). It gets the dirt and sand off better from the crevices.

A sand texture would require, you being extra careful. You can put
lines and streaks in it. On a sand finish I might try a brush and
scrub, with bleach.