Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Recommend cordless phone that will work during power failure?

EXT wrote:
RickH wrote:
Can anyone recommend a cordless phone system that will work during a
power failure? I guess the base unit would have to have a battery as
well as the handsets. I checked the Staples and OfficeMax big box
office supply stores, but all their phones fail in a power outage as
none have base-unit batteries.

Frankly I think it should be against the law to sell a cordless phone
that wont work in a power outage, but thats beside the point.

Has anyone seen a base-battery cordless phone system readily available
from the usual big box stores in the US?

It is recommended that you always have a hard wired phone available
somewhere in the house for emergencies, as you found, cordless don't
work without power and they also fail frequently. A hard wired phone can
be real cheap to buy but a lifesaver.

For sure, and it is likely almost everyone has one (or more) in their "I
am going to throw this away someday" junk box that could be left plugged
in to the jack in the bedroom that is never used etc just in case.