Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Recommend cordless phone that will work during power failure?

Gordon Shumway wrote:
It is called a "Cellular Telephone."

G.S.

Maybe, but it totally depends on what carrier it is on. VZW is totally
anal about having large amounts of battery and generators for almost all
of their stuff. The other carriers have minimal battery and a few
trailer mounted generators that may have to cover a few states. Lots of
folks just assume that it will work because they have never seen "behind
the curtains". I don't work for any of the carriers but I have friends
who do and there is an amazing difference between the carriers.