Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Breaker burn out fixed, my lathe runs again!

On 2009-04-26, Terry wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:04:40 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

The outside box and the inside panel 30A breakers are about 18 inches
apart....

Best-- Terry

Might have been better to install a disconnect instead of a mini breaker
panel then anyway.

That does bring up a point; is there some reason that I might need a
disconnect on this outside box, considering that I can walk about
twenty feet round the corner, into the garage and flip the breaker
anytime it's necessary? Just wondering if there's something I'm not
considering.

Well ... I understand that circuit breakers are designed to
interrupt power during fault conditions, not to be used regularly as a
switch, so they might develop problems over time if you use them that
way.

In addition -- sometimes having that disconnect *right* *there*
instead of around the corner in the garage lets you cut power in an
emergency situation just that much more quickly.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564