Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Cleaning a Conservatory ...

Arfa Daily wrote:
Hi all

I've got a "P" - form conservatory that goes right across the back of
the house, and sticks out 3m along the straight bit, and a lot more
at the 'bulge'. It's too wide at any point to be able to lean right
across, even on top of a ladder, to give it a 'bucket & sponge'
clean. It is a couple of years old now, and starting to get
algae-covered, and SWMBO has decided that this summer, yours truly is
going to get this clean ...
So I figured that I could use my pressure washer with one of the
extra long extendable wands that you can get for guttering cleaning.
I've just discovered that the pressure washer has a little pull-out
tube with a strainer on the end, to go into a detergent container
(Doh! that'll teach me to RTFM and know the capabilities of my kit
...)
So, anyone got any experience of getting this algae off ? Any
recommendations for a suitable detergent or whatever ? Is there a
proper stuff that anyone knows of ? I guess it has to be something
low-foam if you don't want the garden covered (I could always rig
some lights and play loud music if that happened :-) )

The conservatory is made from white uPVC, glass in all the windows,
and multi-wall polycarbonate (smooth inside and out, but 'crinkly'
between the smooth layers) for the roof panels.

Cheers
Arfa

When I cleaned mine last, I just used the pressure washer, didn't seem to
require any chemicals!

Toby...