Posted to uk.d-i-y
R[_7_] R[_7_] is offline

Default Flat Scrap

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
R wrote:
"Gib Bogle" wrote in message
John wrote:
I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that
could be so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen
base units, garage racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will
take it - a cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the
wheelie bin

Sometimes stuff is left by the roadside in case someone else wants
it - it's surprising how often someone does. It's a kind of
informal recycling scheme.

Round here it's quicker doing just that than relying on the local
council to organise collection.
*Anything* electrical, working or not goes out the front, within half
a day, often under 2 hours it's "Collected" by the local pikey mob.
NW Kent, slightly rural.

Yup. Dishwasher lasted about 8 hours overnight & we live in a cul-de-sac!
They must have radar.

They can't have radar FFS!...........The dish would be nicked by their
*mates*

;-)