Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default DIY - Buy the right Tools - Learn how to do it right?

Red Green wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote in
:

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:51:28 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

-snip-

Ol' Mr. Ampagoomia from HS wood shop wouldn't have fared well with is
"Green you ****ing asshole! You tryin' to kill somebody?!"

Chuckle-- He was called Mr. Farone in my HS. [his prep for teaching
shop - which included wood and autos- was 4 yrs as a USMC Drill Sgt. ]

Jim

We remember their names. That's gotta say something. Either a prick or
someone you felt made a difference to you.

Both-- It's been 40-some yrs and his voice still reminds me when I'm
doing something stupid in the shop.

As I think about it, it is quite often the prick who made positive
differences in my life. The real nice-guy bosses I've had are, for
the most part, forgettable. The few gen-u-ine A-holes I''ve had have
taught me valuable lessons. [including officers and NCOs I butted
heads with in the marines]

Jim