Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Looking for Long Life Pilot Lamp

I will be mounting this externally in view of the neighbor's house on
a seasonal cottage. I make few trips there in the winter, but would
like to have the neighbor (all year round resident) be easily able to
tell me if my power is off. (He has a phone, there is none at the
cottage.)
What should I use, neon, led,etc? It needs to be wall mountable,
and be easily seen, though it need not be very bright or large.
Suggestions appreciated. I just want to be sure it has a long
life so a burnt-out bulb won't be confused with no power.
Thanks in advance.
Frank