Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default How to ground electric outlets over a slab?

Jonathan Sachs wrote:
I used to own a house that was built on a stemwall foundation. I
grounded the electric outlets by drilling a hole up through the bottom
plate under each outlet box, pushing ground wires up through the hole,
and fishing them into the box.

I'm now buying a house that is built on a slab, and many of the
outlets are ungrounded. How should I deal with the problem in this
case?

Got an attic? same process, mirror imaged... (and then you'll find all
the firestops in the walls...) yes it is somewhat more difficult this
way, a right angle drill can help.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.