Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer DEH-P4600MP Car Receiver Left goes out -"DEH-P460MP_4600_4650 22.pdf" 109.9 KBytes

Arfa Daily wrote:

wrote in message
Hello,

I have a DEH-P4600MP that I installed a IP Bus Ipod adapter (ip bus to 3.5
mini plug) on and it worked ok for a while.

I think my iphone may have put to hot of a signal in the input of the
E-Vol
chip PML003.

The unit will play all channels when it is first turned on, but after
about
2-3 minutes the left side (front and rear) start to distort and then fades
off.

I have it apart and the E-Vol smt starts to get warm and then hot after
about 2-3 mins. After it gets real hot the left side goes out.

I have cooled it down with compressed air (can upside down) and the left
side will start working again. Right side works all the time.

There are a few caps around this chip and I was thinking it was a bad cap,
but a bap cap(s) shouldn't make the chip get hot. I don't guess.
I also used a ESR meter on the caps and they show the same values as the
another unit I have. (4.7uf and 1uf at 50v)

This is a SMT chip and I have another one on a spare unit.

Any way... Does anyone have any ideas on this? I think it is a bad chip,
but
would like another opinion. Plus, I don't have a lot of experience
removing
and installing SMT chips.

I attached a PDF of this circuit.

TIA!

You learn something new every day - I never knew that news servers would
accept posts with attachments ! Does this mean that when people post links
to web-hosted pictures of their problems, they could in fact just post the
jpg to the NG as an attachment ? Or does it only work with some types of
file, such as the pdf that this poster has placed here ?

A lot of news servers drop anything with a binary attachment, or
strip it from the test portion. news:alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
is a newsgroup for the exchange of schematics.