Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Loose Fence Post

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:30:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have 1 loose post in a 50' run of fence.

-snip-
There are plantings/shrubs/trees near the fenceline, and probably not
easy to get machinery (ie bobcat) up close.

Machinery? For a single fencepost? Get away from your keyboard for
30 minutes and fix the damn thing.

Is there a alternative to extracting & replacing the post? I thought
about siamesing some sort of support, but not sure what would be
effective w/o being too difficult to install.

Can't tell from here. if the post is in a swamp it can't be
tightened. if it is broken at ground level the quick and dirty way
would be to drive a T-post next to it and screw them together. If
the whole is just enlarged then some PT wedges like someone else
mentioned will do it. [or a couple flat rocks driven in with a sledge]

Jim