Posted to alt.home.repair
trg-s338 trg-s338 is offline

Default How to dig deep post holes with water?

On Apr 27, 12:24*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:18:23 -0700 (PDT), trg-s338

wrote:
Getting old, had bilateral Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery recently. *I
therefore cannot use the post hole digger like I used to. *Don't want
to use motorized earth auger. *Don't want to use hired labor. *I want
to dig 4 foot deep, 10 inch diameter post holes. *The soil is grey
clay, hard as a rock when dry, gooey when wet. *I was thinking about
using high pressure water via jet system of some kind to erode the
soil and a trash water pump of some sort to suck the water out as I
work the hole. I was thinking the water can be recirculated as the
soil from the pump is accumulated in some container within the
system. *There is no sense in inventing this system for my use if
there is information for this kind of tooling at a DIY price. *Would
you folks kindly give me input on aspects of this idea that I might
not have considered and suggestions on reasonably priced parts
(preferably obtainable used) I could use to cobble up such a system?
I am certain there are commercial systems such as these. *I would like
to take a look at their info just to get some ideas. *Any links to
info? *Thank you for your time.

Think DYNAMITE.........

Much easier, much better for the environment, and much more fun to
use.

Overkill was the first thought that came to mind, and anyway, I
wouldn't want my neighbors to call Homeland Secur...