Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Removing epoxy resin from a PCB

I've got a B&D stapler which has died. The solenoid is ok, so it's likely
a fault on the PCB. Which is potted in what looks like epoxy resin on the
component side.

I'd normally just buy a new one - but have trillions of staples for it
bought off Ebay.;-)

I can get a new PCB for approx 60 gbp - but that's more than the thing
cost new.

Any ideas about removing the potting compound hopefully without damaging
the identification on the components? I've likely got everything on that
board 'in stock' so would be happy to replace the lot. But don't have a
schematic.

--
*I used up all my sick days so I called in dead

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.