Posted to alt.home.repair
C.D[_2_] C.D[_2_] is offline

Default Installed new flow master valve

wrote in message
I installed a new flow master valve in my toilet tank. It's the one
that has the cup that rises with the water and then eventually shuts
the water off to stop the tank from filling.

It works well, however, I have an extremely small leak and it appears
that it's at the point where the valve stem beneath the tank meets the
water supply coupler.

I can let it go all day and only have a couple of water drops on the
floor, but it's driving me crazy. All my connections seem to be
tight.

They did provide a cone washer that was supposed to go inside their
water supply coupler, but I didn't use their coupler as I already have
a flex pipe with a coupler on the end of it coming from the water
supply pipe. So all I did, was drop their cone washer into my
coupler.

I noticed that my coupler had the flat round washer in it, like the
type you would find in a garden hose sprayer. I just realized that I
didn't remove that washer, I just put their washer on over it. Could
that be the reason for the small leak?

ummm, yea. could be.

--
C.D