Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default OT Metric System

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 12:52:08 -0700, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:
Not really. I think the poster is indicating that the common 'speak' is to
say everything in 'thousandths'. So a tenth is simply a tenth of a
'thousandth'.
Finish carpentry (house construction, trim work) is often reduced down to
eights of an inch. So one would yell to the guy at the chop saw "cut me 37
and three". Meaning 37 and three eights of an inch. If they need a finer
increment (sixteenths) it becomes "cut me 37 and three large (or small).

Accurate drywall measurements sound like........That's a heavy 3/8s.
For electricians, it's.......a short mark past 3/8s.