Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Cheese ECS motherboard

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 00:27:19 +0100, Baron
put finger to keyboard and
composed:

Meat Plow wrote:

You couldn't give me an ECS mobo. I've used them and had prolems right
out of the box. Best board out there is Super Micro or MSI.

They are a bit naff ! But I've seen worse. Dare I say "PChips" !

PCChips and ECS merged in 2005. I believe the pair are now the number
1 or number 2 motherboard manufacturer.

You can find ECS and PCChips boards in OEM equipment such as IBM,
Compaq, HP.

I'm using an 11 year old PCChips M571 socket 7 board for my Internet
box and an ECS L7S7A2 Athlon XP 2500 box for multimedia.

My experience with PCChips and ECS has been mixed. ECS were the only
company to offer me a motherboard circuit diagram (back in the 386
days), which from a support point of view was good. However, PCChips
was involved in the fake cache RAM scam which was very bad. But my
latest boards have been very reliable, as has my brother's Duron 850
MHz PCChips board.

- Franc Zabkar