Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] a7yvm109gf5d1@netzero.com is offline

Default What fails in CCFL inverters?

On Apr 26, 3:47 pm, Andy Cuffe wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 23:26:22 -0700, John E.
wrote:

What fails most commonly in inverter circuits in, for example, 18 inch LCD
displays?

http://www.lcdrepair.us/1800inverterKUBNKM045A.html

I know anything *can* fail. But is there a common, high-frequency failure
component in these inverters?

Thanks.

I've seen a surprising number that only had a blown fuse. If the fuse
is blown, and there are no other obvious problems, then it's worth
trying.
Andy Cuffe

Oh yes. Two years ago we walk into the office kitchen, the microwave
stopped working. As the resident hands-on guy, I was told to order a
new one but I took it apart instead. The fuse was blown and a quick
trip to Radio Shack for a ceramic fuse solved that problem. The oven
still runs two years on.