Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mr. INTJ Mr. INTJ is offline

Default Source for EIAJ barrel connector for Dell laptop?

I'm trying to replace the plug on a Dell laptop A/C power adapter.
From the specs online, the barrel connector's measurements a

Outer dia.: 6.5mm
Inner dia.: 4.4mm
Pin dia.: 0.7mm
Barrel length: 9.5mm

This is almost the same as EIAJ-05, but with different center pin
diameter. My guess is that Dell chose a non-standard or otherwise hard-
to-find size so that users would have to buy new adapters from them...
(?)

Anyway, I've looked on Mouser and Googled in general, but I can't find
this particular size.

Does anyone know what this connector is called, or a source for weird
sizes like this?

Thanks in advance.

Mr. INTJ
San Diego, CA