Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Breaker burn out fixed, my lathe runs again!

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:04:40 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Terry" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:07:17 -0400, Wes wrote:

Terry wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:58:45 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Terry.
I hope the 30A breaker is a double breaker so both sides of the 220
are opened when a fault occurs.

Paul

Yup. No worries.

Generally cascading breakers are sized to trip closest to the load. If
the 30A tandem
breaker will protect the wires downstream, I'm not going to get picky.
Code might be
another issue but I'm not going there tonight.

Wes

The outside box and the inside panel 30A breakers are about 18 inches
apart....

Best-- Terry

Might have been better to install a disconnect instead of a mini breaker
panel then anyway.

When it was installed the inside box was a full fuse box, if I
remember the OP's explanation. It was an "expander" box to add an
extra 220 line .