Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT Metric System

"DGDevin" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

it wouldn't be the first (or last) time a
product or service was kept out of a particular market for
contractual or legal reasons.

Misconception. Or is contractual or legal newspeak for marketing?

If someone controls the rights to sell a product but won't do a deal
until he's paid the amount of money he demands, how is assigning that
situation to contractual or legal reasons a misconception? Ditto with
a foreign product which is kept out because a company is able to
persuade the govt. it violates their patent or copyright or trade
dress or whatever but perhaps really because the foreign company won't
cut them in on the action. Or when someone won't spend the money to
jump through various regulatory hoops to be allowed to sell a product
in the U.S. (or anywhere else)--don't all these answer to the
description of either contractual or legal reasons?

You're right. Those things happen(ed). One thing wqas with a
prescription medication I forgot the name of. Available with prescription
anywhere in Europe (and I believe Canada), but not approved in the US.
Janssen (Belgian?) didn'twant to do the clinical trials demanded by the
FDA for this fairly cheap stuff, so it wasn't available here. Why can't
I remember the name?

--
Best regards
Han