Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default OT Metric System

Terry wrote:

American's are so stupid that they reject a much easier way of doing
things.

I think the "rejection" has a lot to do with how olde you are and what
you learned during your formative years.

I can certainly appreciate the computational advantages of the metric
system and am not adverse to using it when it makes a job easier, i.e. I
don't convert metric dimensions to english ones before I do the math.

But, until our hired hands in Washington (As Will Rogers called them.)
get tough about enforcing a change to "all metric", maybe even outlawing
the production and sales of measuring devices and product containers
using english units, etc, we'll probably go on using (and thinking) what
we learned as kids.

And I ain't ready to give up my current sig line yet either!

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)