Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint for a cement floor?

On Apr 18, 10:45*pm, "Roemax" wrote:
concrete stain

You can't put concrete stain on a concrete floor that already has
paint on it, unless you want to remove the paint first.

Why not address the leak issue first, then put down carpeting or other
flooring of your choice? If you figure out why water is getting in,
the fix could be as simple as a tube of caulk.

h&c comes to mind"Lee B" wrote in message

My newish-to-me house has a Florida room with a cement floor. It's painted
and can be a bit slick, especially for my dogs with fuzzy feet. The patio
is the same level with the cement outside of the expanse of sliding patio
doors (maybe even the same, just with the track across it). During hard
rains, I get small puddles just inside of the tracks, which is the subject
of another question sometime. The problem, though, is that I really don't
want to put down decent carpeting for traction until that's resolved. I
haven't slipped, but I am a bit concerned that it could be slick if wet
and I have guests.

Any suggestions on how to treat the floor? Deck paint? That speckled stuff
I've seen for garages?- Hide quoted text -