Posted to rec.woodworking
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Folded Dipole

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

I start with a personal filter:

No sitcoms.
No CSI anything
No Reality TV.
Forget Trump and all his derivatives.
No American Idol.
No fake hospital shows.
No made for TV sports broadcasts.

After that, take a look at what's left.

That's more or less my filter as well. The cool thing about TiVo is you can
mine what's left. I got interested in Clint Eastwood as a director, so set TiVo
to record any movie he directed. At this point, I've seen them all, so I
cancelled that.

I have it set up to record the local news, but just keep one show. So I can
watch it when I want, but don't get a backlog. Our local PBS does a lot of good
shows late at night. I can see them with no loss of sleep.

Don't forget the value of skipping commercials. You can watch a one hour show
in 40 minutes.

-- Doug