Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Folded Dipole

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message

I had to have one replaced after one year of use - bad disc drive. Got
the new one hooked up to my broadband router using powerline ethernet
connectors.

We went through 5 replacement DirecTV HD DVR's before they decided that it
was the software. The Tivo unit to this day still works like a charm, It is
bullet proof. Some time this year DirecTV is suppose to offer an new Tivo
HF DVR. Uverse is probably going to get my business before that happens.

Gives you access to "Demand" over the internet which gives
another recording path other than the 2 tuners. Some of the demand
programming from DirecTV is now in 1080p format.

I tried it once in the beginning but have not gone back to look at what's
out there.

You can also play
slide shows, movies and audio from your PC. I put the TVersity Windoze
media server app on the OverLords PC which has all our
audio/picture/video data on it. To go with my 46" 1080p Mitsubishi LCD,
a 5.1 sound system is a must. The speakers that come in these new HDTV
sets are unbearably bad.

Yeah, I have been using 5.1 since about ummmmmm 1994 IIRC. That said
however I have a Sony Bavia and it has remarkably good speakers. I have no
idea where the bass comes from as the speakers openings behind the grill
appear to be 2" x 6". But still it is cool to hear some one enter on the
right side of the room and then see him appear on the right side of the
screen. Or hear a helicopter approaching from the rear speakers and finally
appear at the top of the screen and going away from you.