Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Folded Dipole

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"LRod" wrote:

I don't think I understand your problem with making TV watching
convenient.

I don't have a problem making TV watching more convenient.

I start with a personal filter:

No sitcoms.
No CSI anything
No Reality TV.
Forget Trump and all his derivatives.
No American Idol.
No fake hospital shows.
No made for TV sports broadcasts.

Yeah I pretty much don't watch that crap either.

Add to your filter, NO Commercials,

Because you can fast forward through a commercial a 1 hour show is now a 40
minute show and and the show you like to watch does not take as much of your
time to watch..
Add to the filter, NO SPORTS except for the occasional Golf tournament that
may interest me. I can filter on that too. I choose the tournament with a
specific player or players.

Now consider that of all the filters you personally filter daily, the DVR
now does it for you automatically. You don't have to waste time when you
turn the TV to apply your filter.

Your openion of TV programming is not unique to you. I felt the same way,
as did most every one that I know that now have DVR's. We assuredly watch
more TV that we want to watch in less time than it took to watch fewer
programs.

After that, take a look at what's left.

If I had cable, probably leave set tuned to C-Span and forget it.

As it is, have local station doing a CNN type broadcast.

Usually leave TV set to that channel and the sound becomes white noise
while I do something else.

If something happens, "Flashes" across the screen.

Plenty of time to look then to catch the endless repeats.

Lew