Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Folded Dipole

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Your basic assumption is that there is something worth saving to watch at
a time of your convenience.

There is plenty worth saving to watch at a later time, you just have to look
at every hour of broadcast 24/7 for the next 2 weeks. Or let the DVR do
that for you. I mean you invest in a new LCD to watch TV you might as well
make the most of your investment and find stuff worth watching.

Not necessarily an accurate assumption.

I must be in the minority, but IMHO, the bulk of TV is little more than
white noise.

If you are confined to what is currently being broadcast, you do get a lot
of crap. If you use a DVR to seek and record the type shows you would watch
you will probably find much more to watch. You just don't realize how much
you would probably enjoy until you have a DVR locate and record. You send a
little time setting it up telling it what you want to watch, who you want to
watch, what kind of programming you want to watch and a few days later you
have a line up of recordings. And it continues to do this until you tell
it to change or stop. And you watch the programming when you "want" to sit
down and watch TV.