Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Magnets and Electrical Meters

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I can't imagine that having any effect on the meter.

There was an outfit that once sold "iron gonads".
The things were big magnetic "balls" with a cord
that you hung over your electric meter. The balls
were purportedly able to slow down an electric
meter due to their strong magnetic field. I had a
friend who once worked for the local power company
and he told me that a regular degaussing coil for
CRT style TV's would knock the old style meters
out of whack. One pass may speed one up and the
next pass may slow it down.

TDD