Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default FERC says no more nuke or coal plants needed

wrote:
-

I live in NJ, easily within range of Shoreham for your mega disaster
scenarios, both from any fallout, as well as the economic consequences
to the NYC area. I also live about 25 miles from Oyster Creek, the
oldest operating nuke in the country. That plant just received a 20
year extension on it's operating license, despite the attempts of all
the environmental extremists to force it to close. I sleep well
every night. I'd sleep even better if we had a nuke in my own
municipality, where it could cut my property taxes in half, like
Oyster Creek has done for Lacey township. That's what's killing us
here, high taxes, caused by left wing nut jobs like you, not the
nukes.

So, once again, you don't know what you're talking about, eh?

He may not be a left-wing nut job - he may be a serious victim of nuclear
phobia. Like fear of heights or clowns, it is simply not possible to argue
or persuade someone to NOT be afraid of their phobia object - one simply has
to deal with what one has.

In the case of acrophobia, the best solution is to move to a flat place,
like Nebraska. For a fear of clowns, one must embrace mirthless, depressing
places to maximize the avoidance of comical performers. Like progressive
websites or Democratic Party rallies.

Even then, one must be careful, what with the preponderance of colorful
wigs, grotesque painted faces, and unusually large footwear.