Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default FERC says no more nuke or coal plants needed

dpb wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
dpb wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

TMI-I was also shut down. For obviously political reasons.

No.

TMI-I continues to operate. NRC current status report indicates its
at nominal 100% power as we speak.

Yes. The event at Three Mile Island took place in 1979. The
operating permit for Unit I was suspended almost immediately and
wasn't reinstated until 1985.

But you didn't say "temporarily shut down" -- the prior posting
implied it was closed permanently. I wanted to correct that
impression for any who might not know.

Ah, thanks. I was trying to emphasize the political decision process
trumping the scientific decision process.