Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default FERC says no more nuke or coal plants needed

"dpb" wrote in message ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
I think it's safe to say that nobody else in this discussion spent any
time in Long Island during the Shoreham debacle.

I said I had never been specifically to the Shoreham site, not that I had
never been on Long Island.

But, it's still immaterial to the fact that the hysteria made over the
evacuation plan ended up in a shortsighted decision made from ill-formed
opinion and was not based on any demonstrated threat the operation of the
plant would have posed.

1) There was no evac plan because at the time, none could work. Imagine
having to evacuate Madison Square Garden in 5 minutes, with only one door.

2) "demonstrated threat". We can't predict them all. But we can avoid making
lousy plans when those plans are obviously lousy.