Posted to rec.woodworking
Jeffo[_2_] Jeffo[_2_] is offline

Default King Mitre Saws

I have two Makita SCMSs (7 1/2" and 10"), the fellow I share my shop
with has a King (not sure of the model), but the King realy doesn't
compare - nothing as smooth or accurate as the Makita. I would say it
all depends on how you want to use the saw, and how often - for
occasional rougher use King would do it. There do seems to be some
good deals on the Hitachi 8 1/2" right now, but I can't remember
where.

HTH,
Jeffo

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:37:59 -0700, mick mick@work... wrote:

Hi folks, wondering if anyone has any experience with King mitre
saws? Looking to add a 10" slider to the shop, have a makita cms that
i love but can't justify the $ for the makita 10" slider, would love
one but...

Won't be a real heavy use tool, the local lumberyard has the King's on
sale for $289.00- just wondering if anyone has any personal reviews. I
had a King table saw for 15 years and it was a good saw (recently
replaced with a ridgid 3660) but haven't used any of their othe r
tools.

thanks,
mick