Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.chem,uk.d-i-y

Default Glass fibre cleaner for soldering iron tip

In article ,
Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Bob Larter wrote:

Matt H R wrote:
I guess my Antex XS25 iron might be a bit too hot. It's nominally
quite hot at 390 degrees C (735 F) and could be running even
hotter.

It should be 360c.

Not if you don't have all day long to fiddle around. I never solder with
anything but 800 F. (427 C.)

Fine if you're soldering continuously - but if it's the usual gap while
preparing a component etc aren't you forever cleaning it?

--
*Do they ever shut up on your planet?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.