Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default FERC says no more nuke or coal plants needed

wrote in message
On Apr 25, 8:17 am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

My point is that we really don't know every possible disaster
scenario
connected with nuclear power plants. There are people who claim
otherwise,
but it wasn't that long ago that airplanes took down a couple of
office
buildings, which nobody really expected.

We don't know every possible disaster scenario connected with supper.
That is a way too high bar to set.

The odds of there being a fire in my home are pretty low. Does this
mean
should make all the windows impossible to open, since the odds of
having
escape through a window are so low?

No, but that is an easily known disaster scenario that will occur
with enough frequency to plan for in an effective way. A few light years
from the "don't know every possible disaster scenario" your posts
suggests is the criteria for nuclear power plants. A decision to not
allow houses because there might be a fire and window that is stuck is
closer to that.

I think it's safe to say that nobody else in this discussion spent any
time
in Long Island during the Shoreham debacle.- Hide quoted text -

I live in NJ, easily within range of Shoreham for your mega disaster
scenarios, both from any fallout, as well as the economic consequences
to the NYC area. I also live about 25 miles from Oyster Creek, the
oldest operating nuke in the country. That plant just received a 20
year extension on it's operating license, despite the attempts of all
the environmental extremists to force it to close. I sleep well
every night. I'd sleep even better if we had a nuke in my own
municipality, where it could cut my property taxes in half, like
Oyster Creek has done for Lacey township. That's what's killing us
here, high taxes, caused by left wing nut jobs like you, not the
nukes.

So, once again, you don't know what you're talking about, eh?

How often did you attempt to commute on the LIE in the 1970s, on weekdays,
between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM?