Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default microwave magnetron power rating?

"Jerry G." writes:

There is more than just the power rating when selecting a magnetron
replacment for a microwave oven. It is important to have a proper
match for the required voltage, heater current, and mechanical fit. If
there are any radiation leaks or if the power rating is not properly
matched there will be some very serious safety issues with the usage
of the oven.

I suggest that you make sure you have the proper part and it is
installed properly. After installation it is very important to do the
radiation measurements to make sure that there is no danger of
radiation leak.

There should be a part number on the old magnetron.

There are cross-reference lists available to check compatibility.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/