Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default FERC says no more nuke or coal plants needed

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

In the event of a major catastrophe involving a nuclear plant, what would
you consider a safe distance from prime residential areas?

About a block.

There were no offsite releases of any real significance at TMI, people
continued to work onsite safely throughout.

Frankly, the largest danger was being that of being trampled by the
newshounds when trying to get out for lunch.

This has now devolved into the ludicrous.

Read Commissioner Klein's speech and take it to heart along w/ the
statistic I provided previously of 5000 reactor-years w/o a single
fatality or even injury from a nuclear-related cause at a LWR reactor in
the US.

Unless you have something far more substantive to discuss, I'm done.