Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Cavity wall Insulation for narrow cavity

coughed up some electrons that declared:

John Rumm wrote:
wrote:
Hi

Cavity wall (brick & block) with a slightly narrow 1.5" cavity, any
advice re cavity filling it? What fill, if any, would work with such a
cavity? Any tips on diying it?

Do you want to insulate and existing wall, or is this insulating a new
one as it is built?

Its an existing wall, and making holes in it to fill it is no problem.

ta,
NT

Mines been done in blown fibre - probably 10-15 years ago. Seems in good
condition judging by what I've found after cutting holes in the wall. Also
hasn't settled - loads up on top of the cavity.

I've heard good things about poly beads - they coat them with glue now so
you don;t drown in white stuff if you make a large new opening down the
line.

Cheers

Tim