Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Road signs

"Mark" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:54:48 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:48:58 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

8

That would be why they are putting platform humps in these days.
Shame that they also slow emergency stuff down too.

Which is a good reason not to install speed bumps at all.

Its the usual case of the idiots spoiling it for everyone else.
There should be no need for speed humps as there should be no need for
keep
clear road signs.
Most drivers are too stupid not to have the humps or the keep clear signs
as
they just don't pay attention to road conditions.

Indeed. And the more we cater for the bad drivers the less incentive
there is for them to improve.

At this moment i still think we need more cameras so they can collect points
and get disqualified faster.
They should then have to take compulsory training and a test before they get
their license back.
I don't see how standards will improve without doing something like that.
Even that might not work given the idiotic attitude of many drivers so a
three strikes and out system to remove them from the roads all together is
probably a good idea.