Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod[_2_] LRod[_2_] is offline

Default Folded Dipole

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:02:09 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Just what the hell is worth recording as presented in what Newton Minnow
defined as "A Vast Wasteland" more than 40 years ago?

Lew

To sum up Leon's (snipped) remarks:

DVR has changed the way we watch TV. Rarely do we ever watch anything
live. On the odd occasion when we do, we can't stand it and typically
pause at an opportune spot and go kill 15 or 20 minutes doing
something else (no, that would be 10). Then we'll come back and pick
up where we left off, fast forwarding through the commercials as we
go.

Of course we also have the option of saying, "this sucks," deleting
the recording thus far, and then pursuing something else--TV or
otherwise.

To repeat: we virtually never watch live TV. DVR makes that possible.

And by the way, among the treasures I found was a series called "The
Mechanical Universe" which airs a couple of times a day on the
University House channel (or something like that) on our Dish
satellite. I saw it back in the '80s, remembered it as outstanding,
and see now that I was right. I have about 32 of the 52 episodes on
the hard drive and will convert all to DVD at some point.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.