Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Small centralized UPS

On Apr 23, 10:44*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"RickH" wrote in message

I need to put a centralized UPS in my business office. *Do I need to
get into an expensive 3 phase unit? *Or will the elecrical code allow
me to distribute the outlets from a less expensive 115v consumer UPS,
through existing conduit, (to orange outlets), to 3 separate offices?
The number of computers I need to protect can easily be handled by a
larger consumer unit. *However my question is on the code legality of
distributing the UPS outlets back out to the 3 offices. *I can esily
pull dedicated wires through the conduit. *I would keep the UPS unit
in the electrical room by the mains.

There are probably ways to do it, but it may be cheaper to buy separate UPS
units. *Even a $100 unit can save the day.

It would seem to me that "less expensive consumer unit" and wiring an
appropriate size unit for 3 offices are mutually exclusive. Why not
just use a seperate consumer UPS in each office ? Aside from the
cost, the consumer units come with outlets built-in. How are you
going to then wire that in for distribution?

Another note, whatever you get, you surely don't need 3 phase, unless
you have 3 phase eqpt in those offices.