Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Conflicker Worm

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 19:07:15 -0500, the infamous "Phil Kangas"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message On Wed, 01 Apr 2009
22:10:14 -0500, the infamous "Martin H. Eastburn"
scrawled the following:

What I heard was it has been in the works for years.
It was first delivered to 'us' in 2000. It lights up
on April 1.

I'm running Avast and hope I'm covered for Conflicker. We

shall
see...

LJ--with all appendages crossed.

Those Finnish kids were having some fun, again....heh heh
......phil
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washingt...s/2009/03/31/6
0-minutess-russian-cybercriminal-goof_print.htm

Had you set your URL in between GT/LT brackets, it wouldn't have
broken like that.

You'd think that with the money they pay these media jerks, they'd at
least try to check out stories before they air them, huh? Dan Rather
learned that the hard way recently.

Back to the computer:

We had a couple of 1 and 2 second power outages yesterday afternoon,
during some high winds. Damn if I didn't find a faulty UPS during
them. It had worked fine last week but the comp booted twice in ten
minutes when those flickers hit yesterday. I took the UPS off the
stereo and moved it to the comp. The only casualty was the load of
messages I had just DLed for this newsgroup. 48 turned into 300 when I
had to recover deleted messages in Agent. That old UPS was nearly
brand new, too. I got it, um, just 15 or so years ago and put a new
battery in it just 5 years ago.

Oh, well. Time to go find another one...

--
I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life
which are the real ones after all. --Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867-1957)