Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default proper storage of all those fuel cans

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
With a nod to the Propane thread, I am good with the 20lb propane
tanks and never bring them inside- but in my well ventilated and
unheated, but electrified garage I have;
in the winter a car with 12gallons of gasoline-
a generator with 10gallons of gas
a 5gallon and two 2 gallon cans of gas
two 1 gallon cans of mixed gas [40:1 & 50:1]
5 gallons of kerosene
5 gallons of diesel

I have toyed with the idea of a dedicated fuel shed/box out back but
it isn't something I've ever gotten around to. What are some
thoughts on safe storage of all this crap?

Jim

Hi,
All of them are stored in a shed in the back corner of my back yard.